Happiness is one thing we all desire. Unfortunately, not everyone is happy. It’s even more shocking that a lot of wealthy people aren’t happy – an indication that happiness isn’t necessarily a measure of one’s wealth or material acquisitions.
About 50 per cent of how happy one can be is totally within one’s control, according to Psychologists. So, we’ve listed six things one can do to attain some level of happiness.
- Make good friends: While you may – because of its gains – focus on building a professional network of partners, employees, customers and what have you, it’s also important that you make real friends. The benefits are worth it.
- Show gratitude: Whether you are an employer or an employee, always show gratitude, even for the littlest of favors. It’s a great sign of humility, satisfaction, respect and courtesy.
- Work on your goals: Until you begin to pursue your goals, they are mere dreams. Working on one’s goals creates room for more passion, improvement and eliminates the time to allow negativity into one’s thought processes.
- Do what you love over and over again: There’s no better way to enjoy happiness than to do that which gives one joy and satisfaction. So, find those things you do incredibly well, concentrate on them and you’ll be a lot happier.
- Be generous: “Givers never lack’ is a phrase we are all familiar with, and it’s quite true. Giving has a way of giving one some level of joy for being of help to another. Whether it’s money, time or your talent, you are not only helping those that are in need, but you are also being reminded of how fortunate you are to be able to give or help.
- Live your life: No doubt, people’s opinions and views about us matter but when it comes to deciding how to live your life and choosing what’s best for you, then you must be the one to decide that. Make choices that are right for you. Do your thing.
In the end, remember that happiness is a choice. You can be happy!